Monday 4 April 2016

Quick chat with Daniel Espinoza

Hey Daniel what have you been up to lately?
I've just been trying to skate and film as much as possible lately.

What’s a regular day for you at home in California like?
Go skate, get home, go hang out and do car stuffs with friends.

The rumours of a new Lakai video appear to be true, do you feel there’s a lot of pressure for it to live up to Fully Flared?
It wont be anything like Fully Flared.

Does the video have a deadline yet, can imagine that only adds to the pressure.I suspect you’re working towards a full part. Do you have a process for filming like making a list or do you prefer to take a more spontaneous route?
Yes we have a deadline it's sometime in August or September I can't remember the exact date. I just wing it, I don't make a list of tricks I want to do, I don't work that way unfortunately.

Have you been or plan to travel much for the video?
I haven't really traveled anywhere to be honest. We did a few trips last year but I was suffering from an ankle injury that kept me from enjoying, or going on most the trips.

A lot of skaters have been using snapchat to showcase their lives and skating do you think social media is becoming an essential part of skateboarding?
Yeah as much as most of us would hate to say it. It's probably the only thing that can keep us relevant these days.

Switch Backside Flip. Photo Yoon Sul

You ride for Cliche skateboards, so I’m guessing you've spent a fair bit of time in Europe, how do places like France or Spain compare to America?
Just different vibes, mostly because I never know if i'll ever go back so I try to just take it all in. If that makes sense.

Aside from the Lakai video are you working on anything else?
Not much I can speak about at the moment.

What are your plans for the future?
As in after skating? I'd like to settle down and be a pro race car driver, Haha Hey, I dreamed of being a pro skater and that came true so why stop there?
There is a lot of things I plan on doing in the future I just hope it works in my favor.

Any last words?
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment